Peach BBQ Chicken Breast
Take your chicken breast to the next level by making this Peach BBQ Chicken Breast recipe. Each serving makes a complete meal, with a full chicken breast and fresh side salad containing grilled peaches, arugula and red onion. Enjoy with your family and friends at your next gathering or cookout!
- 1½ tsp (7 mL) canola oil, plus more for brushing grill grates
- ½ small yellow onion, minced
- 2 medium peaches, peeled, pitted and chopped
- ¾ cup (180 mL) sugar-free ketchup
- ¼ cup (60 mL) apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup (60 mL) Splenda® Monk Fruit Sweetener
- 1½ tsp (7 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) kosher salt
- ½ tsp (2 mL) garlic powder
- 1 lb. (500 g) thin-sliced chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 small peach, halved and pitted
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- ½ small lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Splenda® Monk Fruit Sweetener
- ⅛ tsp (0.5 mL) kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp (0.5 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups (1 L) packed baby arugula
- ¼ small red onion, sliced
1. Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in peaches and cook for 5 minutes. Add ketchup, apple cider vinegar, sweetener, Worcestershire sauce, salt and garlic powder and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, until peaches break down and sauce begins to thicken, about 10-15 minutes. Carefully transfer peach mixture to blender and blend until smooth, about 1 minute.
2. Heat grill to medium and brush grates with oil. Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Grill chicken, flipping occasionally and brushing with peach mixture, until fully cooked and a meat thermometer reaches 165°F (73°C), about 8-10 minutes. Transfer to plate and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
1. Meanwhile, grill peach halves, cut-side down, until char marks appear, about 1-2 minutes. Slice peach halves into ½-inch (0.6 cm) thick slices.
2. Whisk canola oil, lemon juice, sweetener, salt and pepper together in large bowl until combined. Add grilled peach slices, arugula and red onion and toss to coat. Serve grilled chicken with salad and enjoy.
Greek lentil salad
Lentils are an excellent source of protein, fibre, folate and vitamin B, and therefore a nutritious addition to any menu.See recipe About Greek lentil salad
Moroccan eggplant & tomato
Loaded with flavour this dish be served as the main or as an accompaniment to your main protein - so versatile!See recipe About Moroccan eggplant & tomato
This spicy vegetarian dish is made healthier with the use of canola oil, which has the least saturated fat of all common cooking oils.See recipe About Chana masala