Crunchy chopped salad with pears
This salad from Kale Me Maybe is a spin on a classic Italian chopped. This one is meat-free, so it’s vegan- and vegetarian- friendly. It’s loaded with fibre, thanks to the pears and the chickpeas, and it can be served as a main meal or as an appetizer. Serve it fresh or keep the dressing on the side until you’re ready to enjoy.
- 1 head romaine, chopped
- 1 small radicchio head, chopped
- ½ cup (125 mL) heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can chickpeas (19 oz./540 mL), rinsed and drained
- 1 Bosc pear, diced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh dill
- ¼ cup (60 mL) red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup (60 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp (2 mL) garlic powder
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) crushed red pepper
- ½ tsp (2 mL) dried oregano
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine romaine, radicchio, cherry tomatoes, chickpeas, and pears.
- Prepare dressing by combining red wine vinegar, olive oil, mustard, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, oregano, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Using a fork, whisk dressing until smooth and evenly combined.
- Pour dressing into the bowl with the salad ingredients, and toss until everything is evenly combined. Top with dill. Serve immediately.
Pear and turkey salad with aged gouda and walnuts
If you're whipping up a quick dinner for one or preparing for a party, this cornucopia of flavours promises to fill you up and make you happy.See recipe About Pear and turkey salad with aged gouda and walnuts
Pear salad with walnuts, avocado, and grilled chicken
The flavour of sweet and juicy pears is complemented with walnuts, avocado and grilled chicken for a satisfying meal-sized salad.See recipe About Pear salad with walnuts, avocado, and grilled chicken
Pear-Fennel Gratin with Thyme and Gruyère
A gratin is the ultimate winter comfort dish, and it isn’t just for potatoes. Mixed with just about any vegetable, pears can be baked in a blanket of creamy sauce and crunchy toppings.See recipe About Pear-Fennel Gratin with Thyme and Gruyère