Boston bibb turkey tacos with Asian pear, beet & fennel slaw
Fresh, flavourful and crunchy, these tacos are traditional with a twist—and sure to be a family favourite.
- 2 Asian pears, cut into ¼-inch (6 mm) matchsticks
- 3 golden beets, cut into ¼-inch (6 mm) matchsticks
- ½ fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup (60 mL) fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced and zested
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) unseasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fresh gingerroot, peeled and finely grated
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- ½ cup (125 mL) onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb. (454 g) extra lean ground turkey
- ½ cup (125 mL) carrot, grated
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) gingerroot, peeled and minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) peanut butter
- 12 Boston Bibb lettuce leaves
- In a medium bowl, combine pear, beet, fennel, green onion, and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice and zest, rice wine vinegar and ginger; toss with slaw. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high; cook onion, and garlic, stirring occasionally, until softened, or about 5 minutes. Add turkey; cook until brown, or about 8 to 10 minutes; remove from heat. Stir in carrot, green onion, ginger, hoisin sauce and peanut butter.
- Serve turkey mixture in lettuce leaves with a spoonful of slaw.
Spinach & mushroom barley pilaf
This barley pilaf makes a nice light meal on its own, or a delicious side.See recipe About Spinach & mushroom barley pilaf
Curried lentils & vegetables
A simple, yet richly flavoured dish. Enjoy on its own or over warm quinoa, brown rice or millet.See recipe About Curried lentils & vegetables
Root vegetable mash with coriander
This side dish is a great alternative to your traditional side of potatoes! The spice blend makes it pleasantly hot and delicious.See recipe About Root vegetable mash with coriander