To make this meal complete, serve with whole-grain rice and cooked lentils.
- 1 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) turmeric
- Pinch red chili flakes
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground coriander
- ½ tsp (2 mL) cumin seeds
- 1 small green pepper, sliced
- 2 medium green zucchini, sliced into ¼-inch (5 mm) thick rounds
- 1 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
1. In a non-stick skillet, heat canola oil over medium heat; cook onions until golden, about 7 minutes.
2. Add tomatoes and garlic; cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Stir in turmeric, red chili flakes, ground coriander, cumin seeds, green pepper and zucchini; reduce heat.
4. Simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring often or until zucchini is soft.
5. Remove from heat, add lemon juice and stir. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Greek lentil salad
Lentils are an excellent source of protein, fibre, folate and vitamin B, and therefore a nutritious addition to any menu.See recipe About Greek lentil salad
Moroccan eggplant & tomato
Loaded with flavour this dish be served as the main or as an accompaniment to your main protein - so versatile!See recipe About Moroccan eggplant & tomato
This spicy vegetarian dish is made healthier with the use of canola oil, which has the least saturated fat of all common cooking oils.See recipe About Chana masala