Lots of flavour is added to the salmon with this easy marinade
This dish is also great to cook on the barbecue!
- 4 salmon fillets, 5 oz (150 g) each
- 2 green onions
- 1 ½ tsp (7 mL) fresh ginger root, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) low-sodium soya sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated lemon rind
- 1 tsp (5 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 425◦ F (220◦ C)
- Chop green onions; set aside chopped green tops for garnish. In a bowl combine white part of onions, ginger root, garlic, soya sauce, lemon juice and rind, sugar and sesame oil to make the marinade.
- Place salmon fillets in a single layer in a shallow baking dish. Pour marinade over; let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes or in the refrigerator for up to 1 hour.
- Bake, uncovered, in preheated oven for 13 to 15 minutes or until salmon turns opaque. Arrange on serving plates, spoon sauce over and sprinkle with green onion tops.
To cook salmon and other fish quickly, use the microwave. Arrange fish and sauce in a shallow baking dish and cover with microwave-safe plastic wrap; turn back one corner to vent. Microwave at Medium for 4 minutes. Turn fish over and re-cover; microwave at Medium for 3 to 5 minutes more or until salmon turns opaque.
This fish dish is also great to cook on the barbecue.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Complete Canadian Diabetes Cookbook, Katherine E. Younker, Robert Rose Inc., 2005, http://www.robertrose.ca
White fish with roast garlic & lentil mash
Mashed lentils make a great bed for tender halibut while fresh herbs and seasoning add zest.See recipe About White fish with roast garlic & lentil mash
Root vegetable mash with coriander
This side dish is a great alternative to your traditional side of potatoes! The spice blend makes it pleasantly hot and delicious.See recipe About Root vegetable mash with coriander
Cabbage roll casserole
This casserole provides all the flavour of cabbage rolls without the work of rolling them!See recipe About Cabbage roll casserole