Chickpea and cauliflower curry
This curry dish will spice up any meal!
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) canola oil 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) curry powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 mL) paprika
- ½ tsp (2 mL) cayenne
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp (2 mL) fresh or ground ginger
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 can (540 mL) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 small cauliflower cut into small pieces
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen green peas
- ¾ cup (175 mL) reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- ¾ cup (175 mL) coconut milk
- 10 sprigs cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Sauté onion and garlic about 5 minutes or until golden.
- Stir in curry powder, cinnamon, paprika, cayenne, bay leaf, ginger, sugar, and salt.
- Stir until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, cauliflower, and peas.
- Stir in broth and coconut milk.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until cauliflower is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and remove bay leaf.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Pulse Canada.
Greek lentil salad
Lentils are an excellent source of protein, fibre, folate and vitamin B, and therefore a nutritious addition to any menu.See recipe About Greek lentil salad
Moroccan eggplant & tomato
Loaded with flavour this dish be served as the main or as an accompaniment to your main protein - so versatile!See recipe About Moroccan eggplant & tomato
This spicy vegetarian dish is made healthier with the use of canola oil, which has the least saturated fat of all common cooking oils.See recipe About Chana masala