The Canadian Diabetes Educator Certification Board (CDECB) award recognizes a current Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) who demonstrates excellence, commitment and dedication in the delivery of diabetes care as well as the promotion of wellness and health in the community.
- Be a Diabetes Canada Professional Section Member in good standing for a minimum of five years
- Hold a current CDE designation for a minimum of three years
- Demonstrate volunteer experience in health care promotion (can be outside diabetes care)
- Currently working in diabetes care
- Proof of registration with a regulatory body in Canada as a health care professional
- Applications must be typed or submitted in electronic format (i.e. PDF) on official forms
- One current copy of the applicant’s curriculum vitae
Letter of recommendation
- Applications must include two letters of recommendation from Healthcare professionals attesting to the specific attributes of the applicant
The decision to grant the award annually is at the discretion of the CDECB Awards Committee. It is to be noted one member of the Awards Committee is a member of the CDECB Awards Committee. The committee reserves the right to not grant the award in any given year if a suitable candidate is not identified. All decisions of the CDECB Awards Committee are final and not appealable.
The recipient will be notified by the Awards Committee in sufficient time so they can arrange to attend the presentation ceremony at the Annual Professional Conference.
Application deadline: June 10, 2022.