To recognize the efforts of a professional member who, through volunteer work, has made an important contribution to improving the lives of people with diabetes. Such contributions may be in (but are not limited to) the following areas:
- Development of new and innovative programs in the community for people with diabetes
- Advocacy on diabetes-related issues to government departments, other public agencies, or industry
- Be a Diabetes Canada Professional Section Member in good standing for a minimum of two years
- Canadian citizens or landed immigrant
Note: Members of The Awards Committee and the Co –Chairs of the Awards and Membership Portfolio are not eligible to apply.
- Nominations must be submitted by a Diabetes Canada Professional Section Member in good standing on the official nomination form available from Diabetes Canada and in Microsoft Word or PDF format
- Current curriculum vitae of the nominee (PDF file)
- Submit a head shot (high resolution jpgs (300 dpi) and 4 x 6 in size)
Letters of recommendation
Nominations must include two letters of support: One from the nominating Diabetes Canada Professional Section Member attesting to the specific contributions of the applicant and the second letter from an individual who can attest to the benefits that have arisen from the contributions of the nominee.
The decision to grant the award annually is at the discretion of the Awards Committee. The committee reserves the right to not grant the award in any given year if a suitable candidate is not identified. All decisions of the Awards Committee are final and not appealable.
The recipient will be notified by the Co-Chairs of the Awards and Membership Portfolio in sufficient time so they can arrange to attend the presentation ceremony at the Annual Professional Conference. All applicants will be notified of their application status. Unsuccessful candidates are encouraged to re-submit their application for the following year.
Deadline for the award is July 17, 2020.